I’m not a big ice cream lover, but if you tell me I can’t have something, I want it. Yep I’m one of those transpontine (word or the day) “don’t tell me what to do” people! So, I decided to try to make my own version of a dairy free ice cream with fresh fruits, soy milk and a little sweetener. I make mine in individual serving size containers, because I have no self control and tend to over-serve myself.
- 1 banana
- 4-6 strawberries
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, Soy, Almond or Coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or rice syrup, optional
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Blend banana, strawberries and non-dairy milk in blender until mixed.
- Add sweetener and salt and continue to blend for another minute or so.
- Pour in single serve freezer proof containers and freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Allow to defrost for 15 minutes prior to serving.
This is the perfect snack for those days when you’re craving a sweet treat. And you can be as creative as you want with the ingredients. Think chocolate-banana, chocolate covered strawberry, kiwi-banana, mixed berry, peanut butter-banana, etc.
Word of the Day: Transpontine – def. Melodramatic (alluding to the type of dramas once performed in theaters south of the Thames).