I’m feeling a little deprived. You see, I’ve never experienced… hmm, I’m a little embarrassed to say it… ok, I’ll just come out with it… I’ve never experienced Bananas Foster. (Well, what’d you think I was going to say?) This makes me very sad, being that I’m not eating buttery, sugary, rum soaked yumminess right now. Argh, eating healthy sucks! I know, it’s very sad! I could almost shed a tear. But instead of boohoo-ing over missed dessert, I’ve decided to make a Bananas Foster without the Foster. I like to call it a Bananas Brooks. Now, don’t get me wrong, I didn’t invent this recipe. Turns out, there are tons of recipes out there on the interwebs. But, I am going to name it, and isn’t the saying “You name it, you claim it”? No? Oh well. Just trust me.
Bananas Brooks By Kim Brooks
- 1 Banana, peeled and sliced in half lengthways You can slice it horizontally, but it doesn’t look as ooh-la-la
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Honey How sweet do you want it?
- Optional: Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds or even Coconut Go nuts…coconuts!! I crack me up!!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the sliced banana in a baking pan or place on aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle cinnamon and chopped nuts, if desired.
- Cover the pan with foil or if using the foil fold it into a pouch around the banana.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I don’t know what Bananas Foster tastes like, but these are absolutely DELISH!!!! This may be my go to dessert from now on!!!! Seriously, you MUST TRY IT!!!!