I admit it… I make New Year’s Resolutions!! [Pause for gasps] And, to make matters worse… I make birthday resolutions, too!!! [Insert blood curdling scream here] There I’ve said it… maybe verbalizing it will make me stick to one of them for longer than a week! Eeeh, probably not, but hey it was worth a shot right? My resolutions are usually the same as the majority of the human population…
- Get moving
- Eat better
- Save money
- Be nicer 🙂
- Blog more regularly
I believe that they are all intertwined and conspiring against me to promote failure. Think about it… how am I suppose to eat better if I’m trying to save money? I mean, come-on… fruits and veggies cost ALOT more than a bean burrito from Taco Bell®
. Oh, and how am I suppose to eat better if I’m exercising more? Everyone knows that the more you exercise the more you need/want to eat and the food of choice is whatever is quick and easy. (Taco Bell, anyone?) And, if I’m exercising more and eating healthier, yet saving money by eating less, then I’m probably not gonna be very nice. Oh, and the blogging will suffer from my nasty attitude. I’m just saying, it’s a vicious web of promises I’m backing myself into. It takes a lot of courage to set yourself up to fail not once but twice every year. But, if I can pull this off, I could be my own hero!!!
Well, I predict that this recipe will help me achieve ALL of my resolutions. Let me explain. You see, oatmeal is a healthy breakfast (Resolution #2) that will give me the strength to get moving (Resolution #1), while not costing me a fortune (Resolution #3). And I will be able to not only be nicer (Resolution #4) but also blog more efficiently (Resolution #5) because I’m fulfilling all of my resolutions. Follow me? No, well go back and try again, or just skip it and head to the good stuff…
Happy New Year Oatmeal By Kim Brooks
- 1/2 cup oatmeal So I use Old Fashioned Oats, because they don’t take as long to cook as Steel Cut and they aren’t as processed as Quick-Cooking or Instant, which makes my body work harder, which burns more calories!!!
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk I use skim, but you can try any other variation, such as, almond, soy or go nuts with chocolate!
- 1 tablespoon honey Check out this website to see how amazing honey is
- Dash of cinnamon Check out this website to see how amazing cinnamon is
- Blueberries Or any other fruit you happen to have on hand
- Your favorite nuts – Optional
Follow the directions on the package of oatmeal you chose to determine oat to milk ratio and cook time. Top with honey, cinnamon, blueberries and nut of choice. ENJOY!!!