I almost hate to admit it… I mean it’s kind of embarrassing!! I’m a thirty-something year old (you know the 40’s are the new 30’s, right?), well educated woman, whose been around the kitchen a few times, but I have NEVER made fudge!!! I know it’s CRAZY!! So when I saw a fudge recipe on one of my Facebook Groups (Hello to The Cook Club, and thanks Jennifer Smith for the recipe), I decided to give it a try!! I chose the easy fudge recipe since it’s my first!! AAGGHH, I’m scared!!!
Easy Fudge By Jennifer Smith
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts I used pecans because I happened to have fresh ones!
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan; over low heat melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8-inch square pan. I used one of those silicone pans, so no wax paper needed!
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
I have to say this was REALLY simple!!! I think I want to make fudge for the remainder of my challenge!!! It is totally yummy!!! And I’m not a big fudge fan, but this is DELISH!!!