It’s the chili that never ends!!! YES, I’m STILL trying to use up all the chili from our cold snap! We’ve had bowls of chili, chili dogs, and chili nachos and now I decided that I would make it Cincinnati style! You see, I am a Buckeye (yes, it’s a useless & poisonous nut, but also refers to a nut who considers Ohio home) who is living in FLA and I’m missing my Skyline Chili®!!! Never mind the fact that I never ate Skyline Chili® while living in Ohio… in fact, I tried it for the first time in FLA! LOL!!! If you’ve never had Cincinnati style chili, I highly recommend it! You can choose from 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way or 5-Way. Wondering what I’m talking about? Well, read on, it’s worth it!!
- Chili – Make it fresh or use leftover or canned, I recommend the Skyline canned version for all you meatatarians
- Shredded Cheese – Cheddar is my fave
- Onion – Chopped
- Kidney Beans – if not in chili
- Sour Cream
- Oyster Crackers or Saltines
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat chili in microwave or stove top.
- Scoop spaghetti onto plate and top with chili — this is a 2- way!
- Top with shredded cheese — tah-dah– this is a 3- way!!
- Sprinkle chopped onions on top of the cheese — voila — this is a 4-way!!!!
- Top with kidney beans — bazinga — this your 5-way!!!!!
- I like to top it all off with a dollop of sour cream and a side of oyster crackers!!
So, for those of you who aren’t chili connoisseurs, authentic chili doesn’t have beans in it! But for those of us who don’t eat meat, we add beans so we aren’t just eating tomato soup. So, if you put beans in your chili, you don’t have to top it with more kidney beans. You already have the makings of a 5-way!!