OK, so I usually…well … no ALWAYS…make people-food! I guess that’s because I like to eat people-food!!! But, as I was sorting through my pantry… OK, OK… I was actually trying to find space for all the food I bought using all my coupons… I came across a bag of mix to make doggy treats! My puppy was SOOOO HAPPY!!!! She started dancing her rather large tail around the kitchen and barking as if to say “Y-E-SSSSS!!! Make them, make them, make them…NOOOWWWWW!!!!” How can I say no to that? I can’t… so here goes…
- The mix, which was a gift, is available here.
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour mix into medium bowl and add water and oil.
- Stir with a spoon until blended.
- Kneed on floured counter for a couple minutes.
- Roll to 1/4″ thick, and cut using cookie cutter provided.
- Back for 30 minutes, then flip and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. For a crunchier bone treat allow to sit out overnight. Store in airtight baggy or freeze.
Ok, so I followed the directions. All the while, thinking that this is ALOT of work for a dog treat!!! But I kept looking at those puppy dog eyes and couldn’t stop rolling & cutting and rolling & cutting!!! Um, I think I got 75 dog treats!!!!! Yes, I know, that’s ALOT of rolling & cutting and rolling & cutting! I think the trick is too roll them out a little thicker, because when I baked them they seemed to get a little…hmmm…ok, don’t tell Fido…burnt!! But she seems to LOVE them anyway! So it’s a win (Dog Happy), win (Pantry has one less item), win (I don’t have to roll & cut anymore) situation!
OK, now before you go, click on the link below… yep, that one right down there… and vote for my blog! You’ll make me VERY HAPPY!!!!
Don’t miss today’s deal of the day at Groupon