So, my daughter made dinner the other night, and it was DELISH!!! Cheese tortellini and homemade roasted-tomato red sauce with garlic bread! All together now…YUMMY!!!! My son had already eaten and the hubs was out of town, so… there were plenty of leftovers…dum, dum,dummmmmm!!!! As lunch approached the following day, I started thinking about that tortellini and how good it would be as a pasta salad. Just think…the cheese is already in the pasta… BRILLIANT!! And since I didn’t have any cheese…this worked out great for me!! I did have a bunch of veggies and some Italian dressing…so game on!!!
- 2 cups Cheese Tortellini, cooked and chilled
- 3 Mini Sweet Peppers (one orange, one red and one yellow)
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped
- ½ Cucumber, chopped
- 1 can Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained (I had to add some protein)
- 3 tablespoons Italian Dressing (or to taste)
- 4 Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano (my plant died in the Brooks Family Backyard Drought of 2010)
This is probably the easiest meal to make…EVER!!!
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and stir gently. Ta-Da!!!
Now, do me a favor… vote for my blog by clicking the banner below… yep that one right down there… it’s easy and painless… and I will be forever grateful!!