I bought three garlic bulbs the other day…or maybe week… thinking that I would take the time to painstakingly peel and mince each clove and store them for all my future recipes. BUT…that didn’t happen! Shocking I know! So now I have three aging garlic bulbs that need to be used PRONTO!!! And I found a recipe…yup Betty’s…for Roasted Garlic. It sounded really easy and yummy! And it used up my aging garlic! Just make sure everyone your going to be talking to in the next week is going to eat it too!
- 2 garlic bulbs I used 3 cause that’s what I had
- 4 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil I used Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced French bread, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully peel paper like skin from around each bulb of garlic, leaving just enough to hold garlic cloves together. Cut ¼ to ½ inch from top of each bulb to expose cloves. Place cut side up on 12-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle each bulb with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap securely in foil. Place in pie plate or shallow baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until garlic is tender when pierced with toothpick or fork. Cool slightly. To serve, gently squeeze soft garlic out of cloves. Spread on bread. Or add to your pasta or rice, top your veggies…just savor every last little bite!
OMG…the whole house smells SOOOOO GOOOD…well for the first hour or so it smells good. Then it just starts getting old… like your living in a pizzeria! But this recipe is a must try!!! If you’ve never had roasted garlic…you will wonder why your friends have never told you about this wonderful little gem! And it just looks so culinary-esque!
My rating…5 forks
Now, do me a favor… vote for my blog by clicking the banner below… yep that one right down there… it’s easy and painless… and I will be forever grateful!!