Conner was making Oven-Fried Chicken for dinner and we needed something to go with it…or for those of us that don’t eat chicken… just something/anything to eat. So I went to the pantry…dum, dum, dummmmmm, and found some red potatoes hiding back in the corner. Fortunately, they hadn’t sprouted those ugly white root thingies yet, so I decided to find a recipe to use them up! And of course, Betty had a recipe…surprise, surprise!!! So Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes would be the recipe of choice, even though it didn’t specify red potatoes! I’m such a dare-devil in the kitchen!!!
Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes By Betty Crocker
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 medium potatoes (1 1/3 pounds) I used the red potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup) Skipped the onion cause my daughter was watching me…I will sometimes sneak them in!
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves Fresh from my “determined” rosemary bush
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2×10 1/2×1 inch. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Yeah, I actually cooked these in a large skillet on the stove. I don’t know why, I just felt like it…maybe cause the chicken was in the oven and I didn’t want chicken juice on my potatoes.
- I actually pre-cooked the potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes. Then I cut them into cubes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Spread potatoes in single layer in pan. Or skillet
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until potatoes are light brown and tender when pierced with fork.
These were also a HUGE hit!!! I know we had a BANNER dinner!!! Success all around!!! Doesn’t happen very often! I only wish my husband could have witnessed it! Maybe we’ll make it again…who am I kidding…we’re trying to get through this cookbook…repeats are NOT ALLOWED!!!! Sorry babe!
Now, do me a favor… vote for my blog by clicking the banner below… yep that one right down there… it’s easy and painless… and I will be forever grateful!!