Conner’s turn to cook…and no Mexican food! That’s right I pulled rank!!! I am so tired of Mexican food between Moe’s Monday and Conner’s Burritos, I’m starting to dream in Spanish! Ugghh! So I found a really easy Betty Crocker recipe for Oven Fried Chicken. It has just a few ingredients and then pop it in the oven and that’s it! Even Conner can do this!!! (Sorry Conner, not that I don’t think you’re capable. You are, you just don’t want to!) And, I decided to try my hand at homemade rolls and rosemary potatoes. Makes a nice looking dinner huh?
Oven-Fried Chicken By Betty Crocker
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hour 10 min
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3- to 3 1/2-lb cut-up whole chicken We used some chicken breasts that we already had and since only 2 of us eat chicken.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 13×9-inch pan in oven.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place chicken, skin sides down, in pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs). Since we used chicken breasts, we didn’t cook them as long.
So, according to Chef Conner and chicken-eating Bailey, this recipe was DELICIOUS!!! That’s technically only 2 out of 4 forks, but since I don’t eat chicken and my hubs wasn’t home to try it, it was actually 2 out of 2 or a perfect score of 4 forks. Did you follow that? Well, follow this recipe for sure!!!
Now, do me a favor… vote for my blog by clicking the banner below… yep that one right down there… it’s easy and painless… and I will be forever grateful!!