I needed something quick & easy, not to mention light to make for dessert after Betty’s mega fattening Fettuccine Alfredo dinner. So… I thought fruit is light and sweet…let’s have fruit. Ummm… the only fruit I had in the house…APPLES. Hmmmm, maybe an Apple Crisp, with oatmeal and brown sugar all melted and yummy! And with that I went looking for a Betty recipe and, of course, she didn’t disappoint. I even had all the ingredients already, so I no dreaded trip to the grocery. Not to mention, that it would be ready in less than an hour. PERFECT!!! Did I mention that I LOVE APPLE CRISP? I do! And this recipe was delicious! Go ahead and give it a try!!!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups) I used Granny Smith cause they’re my fave! I also used my handy-dandy Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats Old fashioned for me
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened Organic Butter…not so soft
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired Organic Vanilla Ice Cream for us!
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening. I used a glass casserole dish which was not a square…oh no!!!
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples. It really is just that easy! It’s so easy my dog could even make it! Sorry CC puppy I didn’t mean to imply that you’re incapable!
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Information: Based on 6 servings per recipe
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.