Curry? Yeah, I’m not really sure if I like curry…and since I’m the most adventurous eater in this family, I don’t know if this recipe is going to fly. But this is an experiment…so, we’ll try it…like it or not…and then make our judgment! Maybe if I don’t tell them that there’s curry in it, they won’t notice…maybe?!
Curried Cheese Spread
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese I used Havarti…mmmmm…my favorite!!!
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney So I bought mango chutney at the store…it’s a sweet, spicy chutney…uh-oh!
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables, if desired
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, Havarti cheese, curry powder, red pepper and garlic powder with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and well blended.
- Spread cheese mixture in 6 inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick, on 8-inch serving plate. Spread chutney over cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and almonds.
- Serve spread on crackers or vegetables.
Weeellllll….I wasn’t feeling very good, so I skipped taste-testing while making it. And I still wasn’t feeling great at dinner, so I didn’t even get it out of the fridge. I WILL try some…eventually! I’ll update you when I do! Doesn’t it look pretty though?
OK I tried it…and…it really wasn’t so bad! In fact…it was really pretty good! You have to like curry (which is growing on me)…and spicy…but with the crackers I made from the left over rosemary flat-bread dough (completely by accident…yeah, I left the round that was left over out of night and VOILA! ) it was really good!