Now, I’ve never made guacamole before, because I usually only have it at Moe’s or when my girlfriend Paula makes at the lanai! So I had no expectations. I read the ingredients and didn’t think anything of two avocados, 2 jalapenos, and two tomatoes…until I was cutting and chopping and mashing…and then it hit me…this is a HUGE recipe!! Umm…did I mention that no one in my house eats guacamole, but ME? I hear it makes a good facial! Maybe I can bathe in it, too!!
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- Mix all ingredients except tortilla chips in glass or plastic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
So… next time I would either have a bunch of guacamole-eating friends over, or cut the recipe in half! Although… my daughter did try it and she liked the smooth part. You see, she doesn’t like onion, and this had A LOT of onion. I absolutely loved it, though! It is SOOO GOOD!!! I love the tomatoes, onion and avocado flavors together! I may add some cumin next time, just for a little different kick.