OMG…this one had me at KIWI!!! It even made me change my font color to…you guessed it…kiwi green! You absolutely must try this one!!!
Not only does salsa taste great on everything from fajitas to fish to baked potatoes, it also is loaded with nutrients that can keep you healthy and running strong. Try the following fruity recipe from nutrition expert Liz Applegate’s book, Eat Your Way to a Healthy Heart (Prentice Hall, 1999).
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped I had the mini tri-color pepper mix so I used a combo of red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp pineapple or lemon juice
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, making sure to evenly distribute the red pepper flakes throughout the mixture. Chill before serving. Serves 6.
Eat it with chips, on fish or chicken, or just grab a spoon and shovel it in! YUM!!!!